To be a partner that makes the community a better place to live and work.
RebootTwice aspiration to cause change in the community by engaging the community with positive forward thinking initiatives based upon business ethics, environmental awareness, and diversity in the world in which we work and live.
Our business ethics is the foundation on which we work with our employee’s, customers, and partners. Developing and maintaining business is essential for business growth and can only be achieved by means of all stakeholders adhering to these standards. The business ethics are founded on seven principles:
- Care and Respect,
- Health Competition,
- and Respect for rule of law
The company sustainability goals being addressed include
- Climate change,
- Environmental degradation,
- Peace and justice
Every day we make choices that effect the environment, climate and others we love and cherish. We have so many choices to make and the choices we make can reduce our environmental footprint to provide a better place to live.
Social factors range from employee treatment, labor disputes and product recalls. These issues can be very diverse, complex, and disruptive to and organization and stakeholders. The ability to maintain healthy, positive, fair, and ethical relationships with employees and customers is critical to the success of the organization. Some social risk include:
- Diversity, equity, & inclusion
- Customer satisfaction
- Data protection & privacy
- Employee engagement
- Community relations
- Wage equality
- Labor standards
- Human rights
- Working & safety conditions
- Training & workforce development
- Ethical supply chain practice
Diversity, equity and inclusion boosts innovation, fellow feeling, and empowers employees from underutilized communities.
Governance plays a crucial role in shaping the policies, processes, and procedures in our company. It drives the success of our ESG programs, and influences workplace culture.
It’s foundation is based in:
- Decision making – Who is responsible for key decisions, and what processes are used?
- Business ethics and leadership – Clearly articulated ethics described and the demonstration of their values
- Transparency, reporting and accountability – Dissemination of information regarding the company’s strategy, management/performance communicated clearly to stakeholders.
- Leadership – Right balance of competencies, experience, company knowledge.
- Privacy and data security – Ensure the appropriate controls are in place to protect customer and employee data is collected, managed, used and stored.